Grandeur and beauty of Wool Rugs and Carpets have been there for centuries. They add warm and modern look to your home. Wool Rugs are one of the best choices for any home or indoor area as it is a high-quality rug in comparison to the machine-made Rugs. Both Wool Rugs and Wool Carpets are highly durable and can last up to for 15-20 years without causing any problem. Hand tufted Wool Rugs is made in a unique style by punching strands of wool into a canvas that is finely stretched on a frame using hand-operated tool called tufting gun. Once it is done, then another foundation is glued to the base. A protective cloth is added after the latex glue dries. Then the craftsman shears the rug to remove all the loops on its to make a pile. Finally, the loose strands of yarn are cut off and the hand tufted wool rug is trimmed, and a fringe is added using glue or by sewing it. Hand tufted Carpets can be velvet pile, twist pile or loop pile.
We have many types of Rugs For Sale in NZ and hand tufted Area Rugs are one of them. You can buy hand tufted Wool Rugs NZ at great prices from our collection. We also offer custom size option to our customers at affordable rate. Wool Rugs New Zealand are made with pure and premium quality Indian Wool. Some of the Rugs are crafted using a blend of Indian and New Zealand Wool. You can choose from a variety of Wool Rugs with Modern, Persian, Oriental and Traditional designs as per your taste and budget.
Buy high quality hand tufted Rugs today at affordable price!
Hand Tufted Wool Rugs Care
No matter what kind of Rug you have bought, each requires proper care for it to last long. When it comes to Wool Carpets, cleaning and care is a major factor. Whether your Rug/Carpet has been passed on from generations or you have just bought a brand-new Rug, proper care helps in retaining its charm for years.
Here Are Some Useful Tips On How To Take Care Of Hand Tufted Wool Rugs
• Always vacuum clean hand tufted Rugs/Carpets on low pressure setting.
• Use a flat and even Rug pad or underlay to help keep the Carpet in place and save it from getting wet. The Rugs get dirty easily.
• Avoid keeping your Rugs/Carpets in direct sunlight and in order to save the colour from fading away and wear and tear, rotate it weekly.
• If you or a child in your house spill any liquid on the Carpet/Rug, you are advised to clean it immediately so that it does not seep into the Carpet/Rug.
• In case you spill any liquid which is oily, use a little alcohol to wipe it off immediately. If you don’t clean spill immediately it might leave a stain on the carpet/rug. Never leave the spill on the carpet for long as the longer it remains there, the difficult it will be to remove it. Follow the rule “Blot, do not rub”. Use a white paper towel or some absorbent material to cover the spill and continue to blot the paper towel until all the excess moisture from the spill is absorbed by the paper towel.
• If a naughty kid at home stick chewing gum on the Carpet/Rug, you are advised to wait for it to harden or use a freezing spray to remove it. Once you have used freezing spray, hammer the gum and remove the leftovers from the Carpet/Rug.
Cleaning Of Wool Rugs/Carpets
When it comes to Rugs/Carpets care, vacuuming is very important. For cut pile Rugs, beater type vacuum cleaner is best and for loop pile Rugs, suction-type vacuum cleaner should be used to minimize sprouting and fuzzing. In case you have a silk Shag type Carpet, then use a suction- only type vacuum. You can vacuum your Carpets/Rugs twice a week.
Are hand tufted Rugs/Carpets durable?
Yes, they are durable and way much better than machine made Rugs/Carpets when it comes to durability. You can keep Wool Rugs for decades if you take care of it in right manners. But after decades Wool Rugs
start shred which is normal.